Roseland Community Building Initiative
“CBI has given me the chance to have my voice heard about the issues that are important to me and my community.”
Problem Statement: After participating in an eight month planning process Roseland neighborhood residents have selected the problem of Youth Crime among youth between the ages of 13 and 24 years old.
Goal of the Program: To decrease the incidents of youth related crime in Roseland.
- Engagement of Community Residents
- Development of Community Leaders
- Collaboration among Community & Organizational Partners
- Bridge-building with External Decision Makers
- Increased residents reporting perception of improved neighborhood conditions
- Improved “hot spot” neighborhood conditions by property assessment of Roseland
- Development of four empowerment groups focused on addressing resident identified problem
- Maritza Hernandez