Via Esperanza Centro de Educación
Problem Statement: There is a very high educational achievement gap between Sonoma County’s higher and middle class community and our low-income community.
Goal of the Program: To close theis achievement gap, and revitalize the community by engaging thousands of parents in the early and ongoing education of their children, strengthening family resilience and improving child health outcomes.
- ESL classes
- GED classes
- Early childhood programming
- Counseling groups
- A variety of adult education classes
- 15 different services for English learning parents and children in the Southwest Santa Rosa area
- Served 387 unduplicated English learning parents and 207 unduplicated English learning children
- Provided 1,720 hours of childcare and school readiness services to English Learning families
- Provided 497 hours of instructional services to English learning parents
The Via Esperanza Centro de Educación in Southwest Santa Rosa is an unprecedented collaboration between Community Action Partnership of Sonoma County, Santa Rosa City Schools, numerous other community-based organizations and First 5 Sonoma County.
Via Esperanza launched in Fall 2013 and offers year round programs that prepare young children to succeed in school and help parents access crucial resources needed to support their children’s success. Based on the proven effective “community school” model, Via Esperanza will promote children’s health and academic success and from cradle to career, ensuring the future economic vitality of Sonoma County.
All children and their parents deserve to have the education, support and tools they need to succeed. Join us in creating a safer, healthier and more prosperous neighborhood!
Via a Esperanza Centro de Educación provides opportunities for parents and children to succeed through:
- Early Childhood Education Classes and Playgroups
- Parent Education
- Financial Literacy Education
- Leadership Classes
- Counseling and Case Management
- Books, Videos, and Other Resources
- Internet Access
- And Much More!
- In Person
Via Esperanza Centro de Educacion
(located on the campus of Lawrence Cook Middle School)
2480 Sebastopol Road
Santa Rosa, California 95407
Walk-in Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM (Monday – Friday)
- By Phone
Magdalena Mendoza (707) 480-9374
Maria Luna (707) 481-3171
- For partnership and sponsorship opportunities,
please contact Michael Varela, Program Manager,
at (707) 481-1781 or email@example.com.