Hello! Welcome to this year’s Earn It! Keep It! Save It! / VITA tax assistance program. Due to COVID19 restrictions, we are using a drop off / pick up model in order to keep everyone safe and healthy. IMPORTANT! Our program location has moved. For scheduled appointments and to drop off completed tax packets, please visit our new location just a few streets away at Lincoln Head Start site, 604 Simpson Street, Santa Rosa, CA 95401. Completed tax packets can be dropped off at the Lincoln Head Start site between the hours of 4:30-6:00 p.m. Monday to Thursday. Completed tax packets can also be dropped off in the lockbox in front of our main office doors on the second floor, Suite 210, during the hours of 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. How it will work:
- Make an appointment to pick up a packet. If you have already received your packet in the mail, please complete the packet and make an appointment to drop it off.
You can make an appointment three ways.
- Call 2-1-1
- Call our CAP office at 707-544-6911 between 9 a.m. and 4 pm Monday-Friday
- Self-appoint at the United Way Website and choose Community Action Partnership as your tax site. https://unitedwaywinecountry.org/earn-it-keep-it-save-it/
- Pick up your tax packet and feel free to fill out in your car or take home to fill out and drop off another day.
- Read the packet instructions, complete the packet and follow the checklist of documents to include.
- Enclose all documents and sign the necessary forms.
- Drop off completed tax packets, at our new program site of Lincoln Head Start site, 604 Simpson Street, Santa Rosa, CA 95401 between the hours of 4:30-6:00 p.m. Monday to Thursday. Completed tax packets can also be dropped off in the lockbox in front of our main office doors on the second floor, Suite 210, during the hours of 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- A tax preparer will review your packet and documents and begin preparing your tax return. They will call you if there are any questions.
- Once taxes are prepared, a Site Coordinator will call you and review the tax preparation with you over the phone
- Pick up your completed tax packet between the hours of 4:30-6:30 Mon-Thurs. at our Lincoln Head start location, sign the consent to submit and that’s it.